The Central Illinois Film Commission is a membership organization dedicated to promoting central Illinois as a historical and film-friendly region, attracting and serving the film, television, video, photography, documentary, and music industries, while promoting and supporting the talent, services, and experience of our members.
Our organization welcomes inquiries on filming and responds with free services:
- Comprehensive film directory of Central Illinois Film Commission members
- Preliminary research, scouting, photographs and evaluation of locations
- Information on state and local film regulations
- Accompanying filmmakers to locations
- Liaison services with federal, state, and local officials, institutions, businesses, and individuals
- Recommendations within the local hotel/motel/restaurant industries
- Access to media representatives
- Details on climate, transportation and local events
- Support and assistance throughout production
Members of the Central Illinois Film Commission include directors, producers, actors, writers, camera operators, photographers, and various others who provide products and services to the film industry. Membership is $25 annually ($15 for students), with benefits including:
- Listing in the Central Illinois Film Directory
- Monthly meetings featuring industry presentations and networking opportunities
- Discounted rates for training and education sessions
- First call for casting and employment opportunities
- Referrals to film makers, event planners, media contacts, and other entities
- Representation at trade shows, industry meetings, business connections, and special events
For questions or inquiries on the Central Illinois Film Commission, please see our Contact Page.
For a listing of our officers, please see our Board of Directors page.